Sunday, January 1, 2012

Distich Inventory

Here are some of the sources and materials I've been collecting:

Andrelinus. You can read about Andrelinus's Disticha here.

Appendini. You can read about Appendini's Disticha here.

Bornitius. I included some information about Bornitius in this blog post about Here is a blog post about Camerius and his distichs, but I need to write up a separate blog post about Bornitius and I'm pretty sure there is another book of Bornitius distichs I need to transcribe.

Camerarius. Here is a blog post about Camerius and his distichs.

Campion. You can find the epigrams of Campion at Dana Sutton's website.

Cato. Here is a blog post about Cato's distichs and the sources I used.

**Cato Bernardinus. I'm working right now on transcribing Cato Bernardinus.

Catullus. The poems of Catullus can be found at the Latin Library.

Cornelisz. Pieter Cornelisz Hooft's Emblemata amatoria (1611) is part of the Emblem Project Utrecht.

Dunbar. You can find the epigrams of Dunbar at Dana Sutton's website.

Epitaphia. I just have items here from the Latin Library collection; I need to research this topic in more detail.

Fabricius. You can read about Fabricius's Poetae Singulis Distichis Descripti here. This book also contains verses by Carchesius, Hessus, and Vicedominus.

Florilegium Gottingense. I used this edition at Google Books: Voigt: Florilegium Gottingense.

Gartner. I used this Google Book as my source: Gartner: Dicteria Proverbialia. (Did I finish harvesting from Gartner? I don't think I finished; need to check.)

Glandorpius. Here is information about Glandorpius's Distichorum liber.

Godfrey of Winchester. You can find the epigrams of Godfrey of Winchester at the Latin Library site.

Heinsius. Daniël Heinsius's Quaeris quid sit Amor (c. 1601) and his Ambacht van Cupido (1613) at the Emblem Project Utrecht.

Kochanowski. You can find Kochanowski's Latin works at Google Books.

Martial. Here is a blog post about Martial and the sources I used.

Moker. You can read about Moker's Decalogus metricus et paraenetica disticha here.

Muretus. You can find the distichs of Muretus in this edition of Publilius Syrus.

Nihus. You can read more about Nihus's Epigrammata Disticha here. So far I have only transcribed from Book 1, which contains anonymous poems, Aslepiadius, Asemnius, Augustinus, Austonius, Basilius, Claudianus, Ennius, Euphorbius, Eusthenius, Hilasius, Iulianus, Maximianus, Palladius, Pentadius, Petronius, Pompeianus, Vitalis and Vomanus. I have not done the later sections, only the ancient sections.

Östnordiska. You can find Låle's Östnordiska och latinska medeltidsordspråk at Google Books.

Oudin. You can read about Oudin's Silva distichorum moralium here.

Owen. Here is a blog post about Owen and his distichs.

Rollenhagen. Here is a blog post about Rollenhagen and his emblems.

Scaliger. You can find the iambic distichs of Scaliger in this edition of Publilius Syrus.

Stradling. You can find Stradling's Latin poetry at Dana Sutton's website.

Thomas More. I have a blog post about Thomas More and his Latin poetry here.

Verinus. Here is a blog post about Michele Verinus and his poems.

Vlaenderen. Here is information about Van Vlaenderen's Epigrammata Miscellanea.

Wegeler. I love this book! I used the edition at Google Books: Wegeler: Philosophia Patrum.

Zacher. Here is the Google Book that I used: Zacher: Altfranzösische Sprichwörter.